Friday, February 26, 2016

TREASURE MEMORIES ART JOURNAL tutorial by Asmah

Hi, everyone! It's me Asmah again sharing an art journal tutorial just for you. I'm in vintage mood of late hence the antique colors for this project.




To begin, I have prepared the pages by priming them with a coat of light gesso. Once dried, I cut pieces of tracing papers to adhere on each side for dimension and texture.



Here as you can see below I have three colors chosen but at the end I only used coffee from my kitchen to be my main color and eventually picked up stabilo red watercolor pencil and 3B pencil instead for highlighting purpose. Sometimes things don't go as planned eh, {smile}. I also used Fearless and Flutters and Splatters ARTplorations stencils for this project.



I splattered coffee and spray water to let it run all over the pages and let dry.



I applied modeling paste through fearless stencil on both sides.



I highlighted the 'pasted flowers' with red in order to give more depth to my design.


I stamped two butterflies on white paper and cut out to stick on the journal. Click here to have a close up of Blossom Like a Butterfly stamp I used.


For finishing touch, I added rub-on. Does this journal looks romantic to you and brings fond memories of your wonderful time in Paris?




I hope these gorgeous flying creature and pretty flower stencil will inspire you to create. I shall be back next month with another tutorial and project. Meanwhile, take care and happy creating.


Hugs and smiles,

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous vintage colours in your project. Love the spontaneity and the layout of your project. Thank you for your inspiration x

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog