Monday, November 16, 2015

CREATE ART JOURNAL tutorial by Asmah

Hello again Mixed Media lovers and welcome to another fun and easy tutorial. 
Asmah back again to show you a simple and quick way to achieve almost one layer bold art work using only four medium, a stencil and stamps. It doesn't take much time either.
My intention is to highlight three main colors, red, black and white as I have never produced this color group in my artwork before. I wanted to see if it will meet my satisfaction towards the end. So let's get started:
 I used an old book for my art journal edition. First of all, I used two acrylic colors {scarlet red and burnt sienna} to paint the two pages spread and let dry naturally. 
 I applied modeling paste through ARTplorations Happy Flowers (large)stencil to create flowery images on the pages.
 At this point I leave it as is because I just love the contrast colors so in the end I decided not to paint the flowers. I didn't want to leave empty space so I filled up by drawing more flowers using the stencil. 
 Next is always my favorite part ~ coloring. I used black water color paint to color in the outline.
 Lastly I used Bold Sentiments Create stamps and Artsy Border Maker stamps to randomly stamp sentiment and patterns using Versafine Onyx Black ink pad.
 Here's the final result of my art journal.
 I hope you like my artwork this time and thank you for leaving me a comment.
Have a wonderful day.

Hugs and smiles,

7 comments:

  1. Bold and wonderful colour combination. Love the white modelling paste flowers and pop of black painted flowers against the background. Good idea about using the stencil to draw the lines then painting them....I would have used the paint through the stencil and made an awful mess so will keep this idea in mind. Thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow such fabulous colors and amazing project

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such bold colors and a great use of stencil! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful art journal! Love the bright bold color and those flowers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such bold colours. The white and black contrasts really make this journal stands out.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog