Monday, October 26, 2015

ALTERED BOX tutorial by Asmah

Hi there mixed media lovers! 
Asmah here sharing another tutorial with you today. I altered a sunglasses box using several techniques with autumn and rustic feel.
~Enjoy~  
This is the box that belongs to my husband for so many years that I find very sturdy and perfect to alter.
 First of all I gave it a first coat of gesso and let dry.
 Next I used acrylic yellow orche to paint the box.
 While it is drying, I fussy cut two pieces of flowers from a pretty napkin with floral theme for decoupage.
 Mod podge was used to adhere the blooms on the lid.
 I used old rose prints ARTplorations stencil to create rose pattern by applying modeling paste through the stencil.
 Meanwhile, I rub two colors (burnt sienna and vermillion red) to create autumnal colors. 
 After it is completely dried, I sand off the box to make it a little bit rustic. This too smooth up the surface.
 I also used mod podge to seal the lid to finish it off.
I sincerely hope this simple and minimalist project will inspire you to alter something useful for yourself or to give away as present.
Till then, have great moments always.

Hugs and smiles,

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Asmah. It looks like it has always been that way.... an old antique box. What a SUPER transformation. Love the colors too. I just finished using that stencil to make some black roses!!!! Yours are much prettier - that's for sure!!! j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much texture and beauty in your floral design Asmah. TFS each step. The finished box looks so much more complicated than in your photos. Very inspiring and doable :-) Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cool trick to make that background.. love the flower that you adhered over the top! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, Asmah...Love the textures and colors you have used :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog